Tourism and discovery in Beaune
Burgundy, Beaune, so much to see, so much to do...
GUIDED TOUR OF BEAUNE
Hôtel Dieu - hospices civils : A must-see! Not to be missed. The most visited site in Burgundy (more than 400,000 visitors per year). hospices-de-beaune.com.
Thecollegiate church, basilica Notre Dame de Beaune : Superb Romanesque church from the 12th century.
Hôteldes Ducs de Bourgogne : 14th century palace, former parliament of Burgundy (1354), now a museum of vineyards and wine.
Thewine market : Former church, just in front of the Hospices Civils. The only vineyards in the city center, they produced the mass wine of the Franciscan monks. An opportunity to do a nice tasting. You will discover all these historical and patrimonial jewels within a radius of 500 meters, that is to say 7 minutes on foot from your apartment. Tel: 03 80 25 08 20.
MoutarderieFallot: Production of very high quality mustards since 1840. Obtained the appellation " Moutarde de Bourgogne " in 2009, Protected Geographical Indication (PGI). A nice visit, a tasting offered. A 1km walk or 10 minutes. fallot.com.
Lechâteau du Clos de Vougeot : True cradle of world viticulture. Seat of the brotherhood of the Knights of the Tastevin built by Cistercian monks in the 12th century and completed in 1551. Allow at least 1 hour for the visit. The castle is located 28 km or 30 minutes by car from your apartment at la maison des Courtines. closdevougeot.fr.
TO DISCOVER, TO PRACTICE
A100 m : Les Ateliers du cinéma founded by Claude Lelouch. Training center for cinema professions. Free screenings with commentary every day. ateliersducinema.org.
A300 m: Cooking classes or pastry classes.
A800 m: Bike rides in the vineyard with our partners: Bourgogne Evasion or Active Tours. burgundybiketour.com / bourgogne-evasion.fr.
A5 km: Natural swimming pool to cool off and swim. beaunecoteplage.com.
A200 m : Municipal swimming pool.
A6 km : Golf courses 9 and 18 holes. golfdebeaune.com.
A18 km : Santenay Casino. joa.fr.
A26 km : Citeaux Abbey founded in 1098 by the order of Cistercian monks. citeaux-abbaye.com.
A28 km : Clos de Vougeot Castle XIIth century. The origin of the viticulture developed by the Cistercian monks. closdevougeot.fr.
A80 km: Alesia: archaeological site (52 BC). Place of the siege of Vercingérorix (80,000 Gauls) by Caesar (60,000 Roman soldiers), alesia.com.
Hiking: A large choice via the application " Balades en Bourgogne ".
Hot air balloon flight with Air Escargot, to fly over the classic World Heritage site. air-escargot.com.
WINEMAKERS - CLEMENT'S FAVORITES
- Gérard Doreau in Monthélie (7km from Beaune) - 06 07 48 35 47 or 03 8021 27 89
- Domaine Moingeon in Saint Aubin(15km from Beaune) 03 80 21 93 67
- Domaine Maillard in Chorey les Beaune (5km from Beaune) 06 80 25 06 05 or 03 80 22 10 67
- Domaine Sérrigny in Savigny les Beaune (8km from Beaune) 06 77 07 23 69 or 03 80 26 11 75
- Vaudoisey in Volnay (7km from Beaune) 03 80 21 20 14
- Domaine Bryczek in Morey Saint Denis (20km from Beaune) 06 61 23 94 53 or 03 80 34 34 17
- Domaine Moingeon in Saint - Aubin (15 km from Beaune) 03 80 21 93 67
If you wish to buy quality wines, do not hesitate to make an appointment with Clément de la Maison des Courtines.
Need some information? You will surely find the answer with our FAQ!
OENOTOURISM / TOURIST GUIDES
Winetours: (daily, multi day, special tours) with English specialists, just contact Joy & Robert Pigott burgundy discovery - burgundydiscovery.com
Groupswine tours : divine bourgogne tour - divinebourgognetour.com
Wine tour in the prestigious villages of Pommard, Meursault, Volnay, Santenay, Mercurey, Puligny-Montrachet and also Auxey-Duresse, Savigny les Beaune, Gevrey-Chambertin, Chambolle Musigny, Morley Saint-Denis... A list of addresses can be found in your apartment (or on request) : brochure "en route to the Burgundies" published by the BIVB (Bureau Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bourgogne - vins-bourgogne.fr).
Excursionsby car in the vineyard. Public, private and tailor-made tours. burgundy-tourisme-safaritours. com or a 2CV ride with couple or estafette with group / family - myfrenchtour.com
Bicycle ride in the vineyards (with or without tasting). bourgogne-evasion.fr / burgundybiketour.com
Cooking classes: - Terroirs by Adeline for cooking classes and classes on Burgundy wines (education and tasting, food and wine pairing) in French or English, 250m from la Maison des Courtines. terroirsbyadeline.com - Flaveurs et Chefs to learn how to make the best French pastries, a unique experience 300m from la Maison des Courtines - flaveursetchefs.com
- Cooking classes in English by Marjorie and Kendall 100m from your apartment: The Cooks Atelier - thecooksatelier.com
Specialty tasting : Burgundy snails, one of the great Burgundy specialties... Helice, the snail maker from Beaune, offers you a tasting with a small glass of white wine. Tel: 09 83 72 05 49.
Truffles: L'Or des Valois, the house of 1,000 truffles offers you discovery and tasting - truffedebourgogne.fr.
Youdiscover it or rediscover it, Beaune and its region is full of gastronomic treasures. Then difficult to choose... Lydie and Clément will obviously be there to advise you at best according to your desires the time of your stay...
ADDRESSES OF WINE TASTING CELLARS & RESTAURANTS & BIKE RIDES :
- CAVES / CELLARS:Henri de Villamont : https://www.henridevillamont.fr/fr
- Domained'Ardhuy: https: //www.ardhuy.com/oenotourisme-bourgogne/
- CavesPatriarch: https: //www.patriarche.com/fr/visiter-nos-caves
- Chateaude Pommard : https://www.chateaudepommard.com/experiences/at-the-chateau/la-route-des-grands-crus-tasting
- Bouchard father and son: https://www.bouchard-pereetfils.com/accueil/
- Domaine Chanson: https://www.domaine-chanson.com/fr
- TheWine Market
- La table du square: https://tabledusquare.com/ open Tuesday lunch
- Le Garum: https://www.garum-beaune.fr/ open Tuesday lunchLa lune: 32 rue
- Maufoux Beaune tel : +33 (0)380 20 77 42 https://www.lemaufoux.fr/Lesoufflot. https://www.restaurant-meursault.fr/ Closed on WE open on mondays
- Bistro des Cocottes: 3 pl. Madeleine +33 (0)380 24 02 60 open Tuesday Saturday
- Brasserie le Monge: 7, Place Monge +33 (0)380 22 30 68
BIKE RENTAL - RENT A BIKE VINEYARD TRACK https://bourgogne-evasion.fr/location-de-velo-a-beaune-et-dijon/
Need information? You will surely find the answer with our FAQ!